What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar.
Who this kit is for: The Modern Upgrade Kits offer a more transparent, dynamic sound for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit is designed for all Strat® style guitars.
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
Whats in the kit:
(1) 280K RS Split-Shaft SuperPot®. We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(2) 250K CTS Split-Shaft Audio taper pots - Audio taper pots work great for tone controls. With that in mind, we had CTS improve their stock audio taper pot by using brass shaft construction (brass is much more resilient than the typical aluminum,) and much tighter tolerances.
(1) SoZo NextGen™ .047 capacitor - Polyester film dielectric with aluminum foil, and superior tin coated pure copper leads. Meets our stringent quality-control standards, not only because of its construction, but because of how great it sounds in the tone circuit!!
(1) Length vintage-white wire - Used for the grounding and wiring the switch in the circuit.
(1) Length vintage black wire - Also used for the grounding the circuit.
(1) Swithcraft® input jack - Made in the USA.
(1) CRL 5-Way toggle - Made in the USA.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didnt think were possible.