This is the same RS Pre-Wired Vintage Tele kit, along with a nickel control plate and nickel knobs. All the connections have been made, including a bridge/string ground. Fits most Tele's...please call for details.
Who this kit is for: The Vintage Upgrade Kits offer a warmer, woody tone for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit is designed for all Tele® style guitars.
What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar. It comes completely wired, all you have to do is mount the parts to your control plate and wire the pickups to the assembly.
What's in the kit:
(1) Nickel Control plate
(1) Nickel Tele Dome Knobs
(1) 280K RS Solid-Shaft SuperPot® - We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(1) 250K CTS Solid Shaft Audio taper pots - Audio taper pots work great for tone controls. With that in mind, we had CTS improve their stock audio taper pot by using brass shaft construction (brass is much more resilient than the typical aluminum,) and much tighter tolerances.
(1) Vintage RS GuitarCap Paper In Oil .047µF Capacitor - Manufactured to RS specs, these hand-made 100v caps have a rich vintage tone, while still retaining open top-end clarity. Hand-wound on 50's-era machines, the new RS Vintage GuitarCaps use vintage-correct Kraft paper, solid military-spec construction and tinned 20AWG leads for easy soldering. They really hold their own against the vintage caps.
(1) Vintage-style cloth-covered wire.
(1) Switchcraft® input jack- Made in the USA.
(1) CRL® 3 way switch- Made in the USA.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.