Note: All RS Guitarworks Guitars and Basses may also be ordered in left-handed configuration at no additional charge!
Body Wood: Mahogany
Neck Wood: Set Mahogany/Rosewood Board
Neck Shape: 63 C
Pickups: RS/Fralin True 60 Bridge and Hum Canceling P-90 Neck
Electronics: RS Superpot Volumes, CTS Audio Tone, Switchcraft Jack and Switch, RS Guitarcap
Hardware: Aged Nickel
Strings: Ernie Ball .010-.046
Case: Custom G&G Case
- Guitar Options
- Build Timeline
RS Guitarworks Options
With an RS Guitarworks custom built guitar - you're not just limited to the standard kit! We want your guitar to reflect your tastes, your passions, and the kit that works best for the way you play! Because of that - we have several Standard and Premium options available to customize your choice of base model guitar! All Standard options are free/included with your guitar purchase. Premium options come at an additional charge, and those prices are outlined below. Once you make a guitar purchase with us, we will personally contact you to discuss and outline your guitar build in detail, along with outlining the process and timeframe for delivery.
Guitars may only have 21 or 22 frets. All Basses are only available with 20 frets.
Any guitar can be ordered with the Slab, Contour, or Large RS headstock. Can either be standard or reverse for any model.
Real Clay, Pearl (upcharge) or Abalone (Upcharge). Necks may be ordered with no face dots.
Flat Sawn Hard Rock Maple. We do not offer quarter-sawn necks.
7.25”, 9.5”, 10”, 12”, or 16” are the only options available.
1.650” or 1 11/16” are standard on guitars. Basses can be either 1.5” or 1.650”.
Neck Shape & Thickness:
Slim C = .800”, 63 C = .840”, Fat C = .860”, Slim U = .770”, Fat U = .930”, Soft V = 1”, Clarence V->C = .860”
Vintage = .080 x .043, 6105 = .090” x .055”, 6150 = .104” x .047”, 6130 = .110” x .036”, 6100 = .110” x .055”, 6000 = .118” x .058”
We do not offer Stainless Steel Frets.
Klusons are standard on all guitars. Hipshot Tuners are standard for all basses.
Bone is standard, but we can offer Tusk or Graphite by request.
Guitars: 1-Ply Parchment, 3-Ply Parchment, 3-Ply Mint Green, Tortoise, Black.
Basses: 3-Ply Mint and Tortoise Shell.
When you have decided on the model and specifications of your dream guitar or bass, you can either place the order online, or call us to discuss any details or specific questions/requests. Once your build has been finalized, a minimum of a 50% deposit is required to start the build. If you’ve purchased the guitar outright from us – this deposit does not apply.
From the time you have placed your order or deposit, you have two weeks to make any changes. After that, all specifications are final. Actual build time is based on the exact options chosen, but typically our build time is about four months.
- Choose your model and options. After determining what you want and you have either placed your order online or confirmed options with us, your deposit will be due.
- After the deposit is made, you will have two weeks to make any changes.
- Once the all details have been finalized, all preliminary woodworking is started.
- Necks are fretted and final shaped. Body is finish sanded and prepped for paint.
- All necessary parts/hardware are ordered.
- Body and neck go to paint. This stage can take several weeks to properly apply lacquer depending on color and aging level.
- Due to the nature of nitrocellulose lacquer, the guitars are allowed to cure for four weeks.
- In the middle of month 3 the bodies and necks, once completely dry, come out of the booth for wet sanding and buffing.
- Depending on the level of aging requested, the body, neck and all hardware are put in the aging process.
- Frets are leveled and crowned. The nut is cut.
- After all appropriate aging is complete the guitar will go into final assembly.
- After final assembly, we allow a minimum of one week for the guitar to acclimate before we perform the final setup.
- When everything is completed, you will be contacted to pay the balance and submit any final details in regards to shipping.
When you receive your guitar or bass, you have 2 days to contact us with any concerns you might have. We strive for 100% satisfaction, so any issues or concerns you may have will be addressed promptly. All of our instruments come with a lifetime warranty to the original owner.