The RS Modern Les Paul Upgrade kit, loaded with Sozo NextGen™ capacitors. Polyester film dielectric with aluminum foil, and superior tin coated pure copper leads. Clarity, detail, great for clean tones as well as heavy gain and overdrive.
Available in left-handed orientation with correct-turning pots. Not just wired backwards, but the correct taper as well!! NO EXTRA CHARGE !!
Who this kit is for: The Modern Upgrade Kits offer a more transparent, dynamic sound for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit comes with LONG SHAFT pots, which is appropriate for the following guitars: ALL production Les Paul® Standards made since 1977, Les Paul Traditional's, Studio's, Faded's, DC's, etc. This kit is for USA guitars not Historic® series guitars.
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar. It comes wired onto a template; all you have to do is drop the kit into your guitar and wire the pickups, jack, and switch.
What's in the kit:
(2) 500K RS Long-Shaft SuperPots®. We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(2) 500K CTS Long-Shaft Audio taper pots. Used for Tone Controls.
(1) Sozo NextGen™ .022µF capacitor. The .022 µF is best for the Bridge Tone control of your guitar.
(1) Sozo NextGen™ .01 µF capacitor. This is the same Sozo as above, just in .01 µF. This is best used for the Neck Tone control.
(1) Length bus wire - Used for the grounding in the circuit.
(1) Length vintage wire - Used for the signal in the circuit.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.