Pre-Wired Vintage 'JP' Electronics Upgrade Kit- Long Shaft
Who this kit is for: The Vintage 'JP' Upgrade Kit offers a warmer, woody tone, with push/pull pots for coil-splitting and out-of-phase switching. The pre-wired RS Vintage 'JP' kit offers 2 of the switching options that Les Paul® players love: coil-splitting and out-of-phase switching. Connect your pickups to the pre-wired push/pull pots, and you're ready to enjoy all the great tones of an RS upgrade kit, plus single-coil and out-of-phase sounds. This kit requires that your pickups have 4-conductor wiring. Please consult your pickups manufacturer's color codes for proper installation.
Available in 3 styles:
- Classic: uses two .022µF caps for both Tone controls.
- Classic - Woman Tone: uses one .01µF in the Neck Tone for better clarity in the Neck pickup, and one .022µF in the Bridge Tone.
- Classic - Fat: uses one .022µF in the Neck Tone, and one .033 in the Bridge Tone for a fatter tone with the Bridge Tone and pickup.
Available in left-handed orientation with correct-turning pots. Not just wired backwards, but the correct taper as well!! NO EXTRA CHARGE !!
This kit is for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit comes with LONG SHAFT pots, which is appropriate for the following guitars: All production Les Pauls® made since 1977. This does NOT include the Historic® series. If your guitar has a large Maple cap, then this kit is for you.
Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar. It comes wired onto a template; all you have to do is drop the kit into your guitar and wire the pickups, jack, and switch.
What's in the kit:
(2) 500K RS Long-Shaft SuperPots®- We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(2) 500K CTS Push-Pull Audio taper pot - Made by CTS, these audio taper pots work great for tone controls. This pot gives you the coil tap, out-of-phase, and series/parallel options.
(2) Vintage RS GuitarCap Paper In Oil Capacitor. Manufactured to RS specs, these hand-made 100v caps have a rich vintage tone, while still retaining open top-end clarity. Hand-wound on 50's-era machines, the new RS Vintage GuitarCaps use vintage-correct Kraft paper, solid military-spec construction and tinned 20AWG leads for easy soldering. They really hold their own against the vintage caps; their tone is similar to the famous caps from the 50's.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.