Who this kit is for: The Vintage Strat® Upgrade Kit with Luxe® cap offers more mids and 50's Strat® vibe. The same kit as an RS Vintage Strat kit, but with a Luxe® .1 micro phonebook cap. More upper-mids that the RS Vintage Strat® kit with the Jensen .047, but warmer than the RS Modern Strat® kit. Bell-like tones in the neck pickup and more bark in the bridge pickup. This kit is for anyone who is tired of not being able to use the controls on your guitar effectively. This kit is also great for those who are tired of losing tone and note-definition every time they roll their control past 8!! This kit is designed for all Strat® style guitars. Please Note: All guitars manufactured in Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and Mexico use metric pots (6mm), and have metric sized holes drilled for the pots. All pots sold by RS Guitarworks use standard pots and hole diameters (3/8"). Therefore, holes in the guitar, plates and/or pickguards will need to be enlarged to 3/8" to fit properly. Also, metric knobs will not fit the RS pot shafts; most popular knobs are available on the store in new and aged versions. Please call us for details or questions about installation.
What this is: For years, guitar manufacturers have chosen to cut corners on the electronics they have used, even in their top-of-the-line guitars. This kit is designed to utilize the best electronic components possible in your guitar. This kit is the culmination of thousands of hours of research and development into different guitar electronics and how each of them affects the overall tone of the guitar.
What's in the kit: (
1) 280K RS Split-Shaft SuperPot®- We designed these pots in conjunction with CTS. Used for the volume controls in the kit, these pots have a custom taper that gives you a noticeable difference between each number on your volume control. You can finally roll your volume down to 2 or 1 and not loose any clarity, even in the neck position!! Mil-spec construction and a smoother resistor path make this the best pot to ever be used in the guitar.
(2) 250K CTS Split-Shaft Audio taper pots- Audio taper pots work great for tone controls. With that in mind, we had CTS improve their stock audio taper pot by using brass shaft construction (brass is much more resilient than the typical aluminum,) and much tighter tolerances.
(1) Luxe reproduction of the Cornell-Dubilier "Phonebook" or "Chicklet" ZNW1P1 .1mfd/150vdc cap. The Luxe reproductions are handmade with 2 very small, parallel .047/100v Vitamin Q type caps (equaling .1mfd). They are the same size as the original caps.
(1) Swithcraft® input jack- Made in the USA.
(1) CRL 5-Way toggle- Made in the USA.
(1) Color wiring diagram.
How this kit improves your tone: All of the above components combine to create unprecedented clarity in your overall tone. This increase in clarity will also equate to an increase in note bloom, harmonic complexity, and, in some cases, sustain. Because this kit increases the usability and intuitiveness of the controls onboard your guitar, you will achieve tones that you didn't think were possible.